EANO considers the preparation of multidisciplinary guidelines as a prime task to support the development of high quality care of brain tumor patients across Europe. The decision to generate or update a guideline is made by the EANO Executive Board. The chairman for a task force is nominated by the EANO president. The composition of the task force is agreed upon between the chairman of a task force and the EANO Board and should reflect the multidisciplinary and multinational composition of EANO.
The EANO Board requests that colleagues who hold any stock options related to a guideline topic refrain from participating in guideline preparation.
Current EANO Guidelines
- EANO Guideline on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Vestibular Schwannom,
Neuro-Oncology, Published 28 August 2019, noz153
- Joint EANM/EANO/RANO practice guidelines/SNMMI procedure standards for imaging of gliomas using PET with radiolabelled amino acids and [18F]FDG: version 1.0. European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, March 2019, Volume 46, Issue 3, pp 540–557
- EANO guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of ependymal tumors. Neuro-Oncology Volume 20, Issue 4, 27 March 2018, Pages 445–456,
- European Association for Neuro-Oncology (EANO) guideline on the diagnosis and treatment of adult astrocytic and oligodendroglial gliomas. Lancet Oncology 2017, May 5, online
- European Association for Neuro-Oncology (EANO) guidelines for palliative care in adults with glioma. Lancet Oncology 2017; 18, No. 6, e330-e340
- Diagnosis and treatment of brain metastases from solid tumors: guidelines from the European Association of Neuro-Oncology (EANO). Neuro-Oncology (2017) 19 (2): 162–174
- Response Assessment in Neuro-Oncology working group and European Association for Neuro-Oncology recommendations for the clinical use of PET imaging in gliomas. Neuro-Oncology (2016) 18 (9): 1199-1208.
- EANO guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of meningiomas. Lancet Oncology 2016; 17, No. 9, e383–e391
- EANO Guidelines on Diagnosis and treatment of primary CNS lymphoma in immunocompetent patients. Lancet Oncology 2015; 16, No. 7, e322–e332