One of the goals of the European Association of Neuro-Oncology is to broaden the network of neuro-oncology and to support neuro-oncologists in their (inter-) national research projects.
We are proud to be able to offer 2019 several grant and award opportunities:
- Young Investigator Travel Scholarships for the EANO 2019 Meeting
- Vienna Medical Academy Award for the best oral presentation with clinical focus
- EANO Presentation Awards for the best oral presentation with nursing/allied health professional focus and pre clinical focus
- SNO Travel Scholarships to attend the EANO Meeting (only applicable for SNO members who submit an abstract for the EANO)
Young Investigator Travel Scholarships
The EANO encourages the participation of its young members in the EANO 2019 Meeting as well as the presentation of their research work. The EANO Investigator Travel Scholarship facilitates young clinicians and investigators as well as allied health professionals and nurses from all over the world to present an abstract during the EANO 2019 Meeting.
To make this happen EANO awards Travel Scholarships of EUR 800,- as well as waiving the registration fee to the Educational Day and EANO 2019 Meeting, for outstanding research by young scientist members contributing to the EANO meeting.
- Young Investigator Travel Scholarship for Outstanding Science for EANO members
- Young Investigator Travel Scholarship for Outstanding Science for EANO allied health professionals / nurse members
All young scientists submitting abstracts are encouraged to apply by ticking the corresponding box during the abstract submission. The nominee must be first author of an abstract submitted, graduate student/resident/fellow within his/her first five years of his/her initial clinical or academic appointment (this does not apply for allied health professionals, nurses) and not older than 40 years. The evaluation will be done by the respective committee.
The Travel Scholarship winners will be contacted via email.
Application deadline is May 1st, 2019.
Application will open February via the EANO Meeting abstract submission
EANO Meeting Awards
EANO prizes three EANO Meeting Awards, which will be awarded by the respective jury for the best oral presentations based on the submitted abstracts.
The winners will receive a price money of EUR 500,-.
- 1 Vienna Medical Academy Award for the best oral presentation for clinical focus
- 2 EANO Presentation Awards for best oral presentations (1 nursing/allied health professional, 1 pre clinical)
The awardee will be announced prior to the EANO 2019 Meeting!
EANO Youngsters Networking Event (copy 1)
Join the EANO Youngsters Networking Event and meet clinicians and scientists from all over the world to discuss projects and start new collaborations!
Save the date: Friday evening, September 20, 2019 at the Lyon Marriott Hotel Cité Internationale, Lyon, France
Do not forget to register for a ticket direclty at the EANO 2019 Meeting registration!
The current term of the Editor-in-Chief of the European Journal of Neurology is ending. The Executive Board of the European Academy of Neurology (EAN) herewith invites applications for the position of Editor-in-Chief which foresees a term of 5 years with the option of renewal. The new Editor-in-Chief of the European Journal of Neurology will assume responsibility in January 2020.
The European Journal of Neurology is the official journal of EAN and thereby the scientific voice of clinical Neurology across Europe. Monthly issues and different formats of articles range from original clinical and translational basic research to treatment guidelines and contribute to latest scientific information, innovative developments and excellence in patient care. They are available to about 45,000 neurologists across Europe. This sets the tasks and responsibilities of the Editor-in-Chief.
Candidates must have an established international reputation as both a clinician and researcher, must hold an MD and/or PhD degree, or equivalent. They must have a current academic appointment in a neurology-related field with a view of neurology as a broad discipline. We ask for editorial experience with peer-reviewed medical journals and an understanding of and appreciation for social media and digital publications. We also expect a visionary approach, passion and commitment to lead the Journal into the future.
Interested candidates should send:
(1) a letter of application addressing his/her qualifications for the position,
(2) a 1- to 2-page letter of intent with his/her thoughts on the journal and its future development and strategy, and
(3) a curriculum vitae.
Deadline for application is May 31, 2019.
A hearing with possible candidates is planned for the EAN Congress in Oslo 2019, 27 June.
lease send your electronic application and all correspondence to:
Anja Sander, EAN Executive Director, European Academy of Neuroloy, firstname.lastname@example.org
The EANO Executive Board is glad to present this year's EANO Annual Report. It gives you an overview on what we have done during 2018 and on our planned activities for 2019 as well as important developments in Neuro-Oncology in Europe.
For the new EANO Annual Report 2018 click here
In this issue of the magazine you can read on, Success Through Mentorship, Opportunity, and Teamwork; about the The Spanish Group for Research in Neuro-Oncology (GEINO): Past, Present, and Future Perspective; the Egyptian Group of Neuro Oncology (EGNO): the History Meets the Future; EORTC 1709/CCTG CE.8: a randomized phase III trial assessing the addition of marizomib to standard of care in patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma; Selection of Brain Tumor Patients for Proton Therapy: the Dutch Approach; ASCO 2018 Highlights; Nurse Corner: Breaking Bad News Well; Atypical, Solitary Presentation of Leptomeningeal Metastases from Breast Cancer: A Case Report...
for reading the entire Volume 3 (2018) Issue 2, please click here
September 19 - 22 in Lyon, France
Find all abstracts of the EANO 2018 in the oral sessions of the online programme!
To download the entire scientific programme click here!
What are the best assets we have in neuro-oncology? In my view these are the multidisciplinary collaboration, scientific strengths, and focus on development of young neuro-oncologists. The present issue of the WFNOS Magazine provides great examples of these highlighted features of neuro-oncology. The review dives deep into immunotherapy for brain tumors.We lean on the structure and vision of well-established national societies in Australia and China, but also get the chance to understand the challenges of building a new society for neuro-oncology in a nonprivileged area of the world.In this issue of the magazine we will have opinion papers on the value of brain tumor epigenetics, as well as on the role of radiation therapy in combined modality therapies with a focus not only on the classical approaches but also radiosensitization and immunotherapies.
We wish all of you great personal and academic successes in the upcoming month and novel insights into neuro-oncology provided at one of the upcoming national or international meetings.
With best regards and joyful reading,
Wolfgang Wick, EANO President
Nino Chiocca, SNO President
Table of Content
- Challenges and Next Steps for CAR T-Cell Therapy for Glioblastoma
- Alliance A071401: Molecularly driven trial in meningiomas
- COGNO News and Activities
- The Developing Chinese Society of Neuro-Oncology
- Observations from the Sub-Saharan Africa Neuro-Oncology Meeting
- The Sub-Saharan Africa Neuro-Oncology Collaborative (S-SANOC) Planning Meeting
- First EANO Winter School in Athens: Complications of Primary and Secondary Brain Tumors
- 2017 Society for Neuro-Oncology Annual Meeting Update
- FOCUS ON: Long-Term Neurovascular Complications in Cancer Patients
- Clinical case discussion Multimodal Response Assessment in a Patient with Anaplastic Glioma: Tumor Or No Tumor?
for reading the entire Volume 3 (2018) Issue 1, please click here
The president of the Chinese Society of Neurooncology, Prof. Chen, invited a delegation from EANO to the East meets West dialogue on Neurooncology. We have been actively involved in the program and attended a Board Meeting in order to discuss future interaction.
One of the goals of the European Association of Neuro-Oncology is to broaden the network of Neuro-Oncology and to support Neuro-Oncologists in their (inter-) national research projects.
We are proud to be able to offer 2018 several grant and award opportunities:
- Young Investigator Travel Scholarships for the EANO 2018 Meeting
- EANO Poster Awards for the best posters presented
- Vienna Medical Academy Award for the best oral presentation for clinical
- EANO Presentation Awards for best oral presentations
- EANO Lifetime Achievement Award
- Young Investigator Travel Scholarships to attend the SNO Meeting
Click here for further information