Neuro-Oncology Advances is an open access journal published by OUP, in partnership with the Society for Neuro-Oncology (SNO) and the European Association of Neuro-Oncology (EANO). Neuro-Oncology Advances is intended to expand the scope and spectrum of what Neuro-Oncology journal covers. NOA is an inter-disciplinary journal encompassing basic, applied, and clinical investigations in all research areas as they relate to cancer and the central nervous system. It provides a single forum for communication among neurologists, neurosurgeons, radiotherapists, medical oncologists, neuropathologists, neuroradiologists, and researchers together with educators. For more information, visit: https://academic.oup.com/noa.
Join the EANO Youngsters Networking Event and meet clinicians and scientists from all over the world to discuss projects and start new collaborations!
Save the date: Friday evening, September 20, 2019 at the Lyon Marriott Hotel Cité Internationale, Lyon, France
Do not forget to register for a ticket direclty at the EANO 2019 Meeting registration!
Saturday, September 21, 2019 - starting time tbc
Location: Dinner cruise on Hermès Boat
Enjoy a wonderful evening with a seated dinner with your colleagues and friends. Please note that seats are limited and advance registration is mandatory in order to receive a ticket!
Regular participants / extra ticket: EUR 95,- (incl. VAT) per person
Nurse / AHP / PhD Student / Resident / Trainee*: EUR 50,- (incl. VAT) per person
*only applicable with adequate fee
Dress code: formal
No sponsoring is used to fund any part of the evening.
IMPORTANT: the pick up place and the return place are not the same place!
Pick up: in walking distance to Cité - Centre de Congrès
Return place: 16 Quai Claude Bernard, Lyon 7, nearby La Place Bellecour (in the city center)
Please note that no transportation will be provided by the conference organiser and you will need to make your own way back from the return place.
Click here to register for the EANO XIV Evening!
One of the goals of the European Association of Neuro-Oncology is to broaden the network of neuro-oncology and to support neuro-oncologists in their (inter-) national research projects.
We are proud to be able to offer 2019 several grant and award opportunities:
- Young Investigator Travel Scholarships for the EANO 2019 Meeting
- Vienna Medical Academy Award for the best oral presentation with clinical focus
- EANO Presentation Awards for the best oral presentation with nursing/allied health professional focus and pre clinical focus
- SNO Travel Scholarships to attend the EANO Meeting (only applicable for SNO members who submit an abstract for the EANO)
Young Investigator Travel Scholarships
The EANO encourages the participation of its young members in the EANO 2019 Meeting as well as the presentation of their research work. The EANO Investigator Travel Scholarship facilitates young clinicians and investigators as well as allied health professionals and nurses from all over the world to present an abstract during the EANO 2019 Meeting.
To make this happen EANO awards Travel Scholarships of EUR 800,- as well as waiving the registration fee to the Educational Day and EANO 2019 Meeting, for outstanding research by young scientist members contributing to the EANO meeting.
- Young Investigator Travel Scholarship for Outstanding Science for EANO members
- Young Investigator Travel Scholarship for Outstanding Science for EANO allied health professionals / nurse members
All young scientists submitting abstracts are encouraged to apply by ticking the corresponding box during the abstract submission. The nominee must be first author of an abstract submitted, graduate student/resident/fellow within his/her first five years of his/her initial clinical or academic appointment (this does not apply for allied health professionals, nurses) and not older than 40 years. The evaluation will be done by the respective committee.
The Travel Scholarship winners will be contacted via email.
Application deadline is May 1st, 2019.
Application will open February via the EANO Meeting abstract submission
EANO Meeting Awards
EANO prizes three EANO Meeting Awards, which will be awarded by the respective jury for the best oral presentations based on the submitted abstracts.
The winners will receive a price money of EUR 500,-.
- 1 Vienna Medical Academy Award for the best oral presentation for clinical focus
- 2 EANO Presentation Awards for best oral presentations (1 nursing/allied health professional, 1 pre clinical)
The awardee will be announced prior to the EANO 2019 Meeting!
In this issue of the magazine you can read on, Success Through Mentorship, Opportunity, and Teamwork; about the The Spanish Group for Research in Neuro-Oncology (GEINO): Past, Present, and Future Perspective; the Egyptian Group of Neuro Oncology (EGNO): the History Meets the Future; EORTC 1709/CCTG CE.8: a randomized phase III trial assessing the addition of marizomib to standard of care in patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma; Selection of Brain Tumor Patients for Proton Therapy: the Dutch Approach; ASCO 2018 Highlights; Nurse Corner: Breaking Bad News Well; Atypical, Solitary Presentation of Leptomeningeal Metastases from Breast Cancer: A Case Report...
for reading the entire Volume 3 (2018) Issue 2, please click here
September 19 - 22 in Lyon, France
Find all abstracts of the EANO 2018 in the oral sessions of the online programme!
To download the entire scientific programme click here!
What are the best assets we have in neuro-oncology? In my view these are the multidisciplinary collaboration, scientific strengths, and focus on development of young neuro-oncologists. The present issue of the WFNOS Magazine provides great examples of these highlighted features of neuro-oncology. The review dives deep into immunotherapy for brain tumors.We lean on the structure and vision of well-established national societies in Australia and China, but also get the chance to understand the challenges of building a new society for neuro-oncology in a nonprivileged area of the world.In this issue of the magazine we will have opinion papers on the value of brain tumor epigenetics, as well as on the role of radiation therapy in combined modality therapies with a focus not only on the classical approaches but also radiosensitization and immunotherapies.
We wish all of you great personal and academic successes in the upcoming month and novel insights into neuro-oncology provided at one of the upcoming national or international meetings.
With best regards and joyful reading,
Wolfgang Wick, EANO President
Nino Chiocca, SNO President
Table of Content
- Challenges and Next Steps for CAR T-Cell Therapy for Glioblastoma
- Alliance A071401: Molecularly driven trial in meningiomas
- COGNO News and Activities
- The Developing Chinese Society of Neuro-Oncology
- Observations from the Sub-Saharan Africa Neuro-Oncology Meeting
- The Sub-Saharan Africa Neuro-Oncology Collaborative (S-SANOC) Planning Meeting
- First EANO Winter School in Athens: Complications of Primary and Secondary Brain Tumors
- 2017 Society for Neuro-Oncology Annual Meeting Update
- FOCUS ON: Long-Term Neurovascular Complications in Cancer Patients
- Clinical case discussion Multimodal Response Assessment in a Patient with Anaplastic Glioma: Tumor Or No Tumor?
for reading the entire Volume 3 (2018) Issue 1, please click here
The president of the Chinese Society of Neurooncology, Prof. Chen, invited a delegation from EANO to the East meets West dialogue on Neurooncology. We have been actively involved in the program and attended a Board Meeting in order to discuss future interaction.
One of the goals of the European Association of Neuro-Oncology is to broaden the network of Neuro-Oncology and to support Neuro-Oncologists in their (inter-) national research projects.
We are proud to be able to offer 2018 several grant and award opportunities:
- Young Investigator Travel Scholarships for the EANO 2018 Meeting
- EANO Poster Awards for the best posters presented
- Vienna Medical Academy Award for the best oral presentation for clinical
- EANO Presentation Awards for best oral presentations
- EANO Lifetime Achievement Award
- Young Investigator Travel Scholarships to attend the SNO Meeting
Click here for further information