as per 25.08.2022
Please note that COVID-19 prevention measures can change at any time. Therefore, we recommend that you continuously monitor this page prior to your trip to the congress.
COVID-19 measures at EANO 2022
Based on the current COVID-19 measures in Austria and Vienna, participants will need to pay attention to the following when attending EANO 2022:
- In line with the requirement by the city of Vienna and the Austrian government no proof of vaccination, recovery or negative test result will need to be presented to participate in the congress.
- Wearing a mask is not mandatory at the congress*. Nonetheless, based on a personal risk assessment and preference the organizer encourages those who wish to wear a mask to do so.
- No specific measures are in place to participate in the congress and networking events. However, the organizer recommends to:
- keep a safety distance from other participants;
- use the hand sanitizing stations provided throughout the venue;
- adhere to basic hygiene measures when coughing/sneezing;
- stay at your accommodation if you have any symptoms similar to a COVID-19 infection and only come to the congress once you have tested negative. Click here to find more information about what to do in case you have symptoms or a positive infection.
Information for visitors to Vienna and Austria
- *Please note that wearing FFP2 masks is mandatory in Vienna on public transport, in drugstores and the health sector (e.g. hospitals).
- To find COVID-19 testing options in Vienna and for information about what to do in case you have symptoms or a positive infection, please view:
- As of May 16, 2022 the so-called “3-G” rule (vaccinated, recovered or tested) has been lifted for arrivals from all countries. Participants will not need to present any COVID-19 documentation upon arrival.
- Austrian entry requirements: https://www.oesterreich.gv.at/en/themen/coronavirus_in_oesterreich/pre-travel-clearance.html
- COVID-19 European Medicines Agency approved vaccines: https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/human-regulatory/overview/public-health-threats/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/treatments-vaccines/covid-19-vaccines
- Participants are encouraged to purchase insurance that will cover any case or issue related to COVID-19.
- By registering to EANO 2022 participants agree to comply with the national regulations and those stipulated by the congress organizer.
- By registering to EANO 2022, participants agree that the organizer does not assume any liability whatsoever.