Please select your presentation type by clicking one of the following options:
If you are not able to present your talk for any reason, you are kindly requested to contact the organising office immediately and to notify them of any change of presenter or withdrawal.
The chairpersons of your session will be strict in allowing no more than the time allotted to your paper. Remember to allow some time for the changeover of speakers and chairperson's introduction, and for questions and discussion.
Please rehearse your talk to make sure it will fit comfortably into the available time.
Please note that, as a rule, presenters can show a (final) slide with all acknowledgements, however, in view of the short time available, names cannot be read to the audience.
COMMERCIAL DISCLOSURE FORM
Due to EACCME regulations, authors are requested to disclose possible conflicts of interest on the first slide. An example slide can be found here.
A conflict of interest is any situation in which a speaker or immediate family members have interests, and those may cause a conflict with the current presentation. Conflicts of interest do not preclude the delivery of the talk, but should be explicitly declared. These may include financial interests (eg. owning stocks of a related company, having received honoraria, consultancy fees), research interests (research support by grants or otherwise), organisational interests and gifts.
If you have nothing to disclose, please state “I have no commercial disclosure” instead of the table.
PROJECTION AND TECHNICAL SETTING
PowerPoint is the only communication tool available in all session halls.
- Speakers are kindly asked to observe that only computers provided by the congress may be used for showing your presentations. All PowerPoint presentations must be handed in at the preview centre.
- All presentations are loaded into a PowerPoint handling system that will store and distribute your presentation to the session hall in time for your session.
- All PowerPoint presentations should be handed in at least 2 hours before the session starts. The opening hours of the preview room (Room 27) are as follows:
Wednesday, September 18: tbc
Thursday, September 19: tbc
Friday, September 20: tbc
Saturday, September 21: tbc
Sunday, September 22: tbc
- Please check your presentation carefully on the preview room computer assigned by the staff before the final sign off.
- The professional staff of the preview centre will load your presentation into the system so that it will be available on the computer in your session hall when you come to speak.
- If you are doing more than one speech during the congress, you may upload all your presentations at the same time and they will be sent to their corresponding session halls at the time of your sessions.
- The PowerPoint handling and distribution system is optimized for MS PowerPoint (last version) and “*.pdf” (Adobe Acrobat)-files. The uploading of “DVD-Movies” is not supported.
- The supported data media are: CD, DVD (as Data-storage-medium) and USB-Memory Key. You may want to carry a second key/CD as a back-up in case there is any insoluble technical problem.
All needed files (including the movie files!) - have to be saved on the data media.
Presentations can also be taken off speakers notebooks at the Preview centre.
- The fonts that are used in the presentations should be "Latin-based fonts“. If the speaker needs special fonts, they should be stored as "embedded fonts“ with the presentation (File -> save as "name of presentation“ and under "tools“ ->save options mark the checkbox "embed True type fonts“ and select "embed all characters“).
- When using mathematical symbols please use these which are available under Latin fonts (unicode or DOS: Western Europe). These can be shown without any problems in Office 2007.
- As format for embedded movies “MPEG2 - movies” are preferred (but can also be *.avi, *.wmv ). If Codecs are used, the Code package DIVx in the current version, which can be found under www.divx.com, should be chosen.
- Presentations should be saved as "*.ppt“, “*.pptx” (= PowerPoint) or "*.pps“,*.ppsx“ (=PowerPoint Slideshow) - file and movies as separate files on the data media.
- The computers and projectors will be set up and optimised for 1920 x 1080 resolution (ratio 16 : 9).
These guidelines should be seen as a matter of improving the effectiveness of the preview system and in consequence also the speakers comfort.
General hints and tips
Like all of us, you will have sat through many conference talks, some good and some bad. We have all been to talks which failed to communicate their message because the speaker spoke impossibly fast, perhaps in a very indistinct way, or flashed through large numbers of slides so crammed with detail that nobody could follow them. So please:
Make yourself known to the chairpersons and/or the room assistant in your session room before the beginning of the session
Remember that the vast majority of the audience are not native English speakers - speak clearly (whether or not English is your native tongue) and not too fast
Plan an average of no more than 1 slide per minute, in most cases
Keep your Powerpoints simple. In text slides, use no more than seven lines per slide, with ample space between the lines, and no more than seven words per line in suitably large lettering
Leave sufficient space between the text and the edge of the slide/screen. Some data projectors may not display the very border of the slide/presentation.
Poster Session I: Friday, September 20, 17:45-19:15 hrs
(Poster Topics: TBC)
For those posters displayed in poster session I the poster mounting is possible on Friday, September 20, from 07:30-10:00 hrs. Please make sure your poster is mounted until that time.
Posters within the poster session I will be on display on Friday, September 20 from 17:45-19:15 hrs.
Friday, September 20 from 19:15-19:30 hrs.
Please note that posters not removed until September 20, 19:30 hrs, will be taken down and will not be stored or sent to the authors after the meeting.
Poster Session II: Saturday, September 21, 15:45-17:15 hrs
(Poster Topics: TBC)
For those posters displayed in poster session II the poster mounting is possible on Saturday, September 21, from 07:30-10:00 hrs. Please make sure your poster is mounted until that time.
Posters within the poster session II will be on display on Saturday, September 21 from 15:45-17:15 hrs.
Saturday, September 21 from 17:15-17:30 hrs.
Please note that posters not removed until September 21, 17:30 hrs, will be taken down and will not be stored or sent to the authors after the meeting.
P01 Liquid biomarker
P02 Spinal tumors
P03 Patient-reported outcomes
P04 Low grade glioma
P05 Early clinical trials
P07 Metabolic pathways
P010 Omics in neuro-oncology
P012 Clinical neuro-oncology
P013 Preclinical neuro-oncology
more information will follow